The Middle Country Central School District recently held a Letter of Intent Signing Day for the 10 Middle Country 12th grade students who have committed to play collegiate-level sports at top-tier universities during the 2018-2019 academic year. The students from Centereach High School and Newfield High School were joined by their families, coaches and school administrators as they formally accepted admission to the college of their choice. The student-athletes, who wore apparel representing the school they will be attending, included:
Centereach High School:
- Jordyn Juvelier, who will be playing lacrosse at Felician University.
- Alexandra DeWitt, who will be playing field hockey at Pace University – Westchester campus.
- Catherine Leahy, who will be playing field hockey at Ursinus College.
Newfield High School:
- Kyle Johnson, who will be playing baseball at Stony Brook University.
- Bobby Vath, who will be playing baseball at University of Rhode Island.
- Emily Diaz, who will be playing lacrosse at Bryant University.
- Nicole Lettich, who will be a member of the bowling team at Long Island University – C.W. Post campus.
- Zach Worsoe, who will be playing lacrosse at St. Joseph’s College.
- Naomi Ruffalo, who will be playing volleyball at Adelphi University.
- Taylor Regensburger, who will be playing soccer at Georgia Southern University.
Middle Country Central School District students Taylor Regensburger, Emily Diaz, Catherine Leahy, Jordyn Juvelier, Alexandra DeWitt, Nicole Lettich, Naomi Ruffalo, Kyle Johnson, Bobby Vath and Zach Worsoe at the District’s Letter of Intent signing ceremony.